Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Day Ride

We started out at the Blue Kangaroo at 2 PM under windy conditions and beautiful skies and a fantastically dry day. We lost a few folks to the mountain (for skiing with their families) but ended up with 4 of us going on the ride. It was a nice time of day that let us recover after the night's festivities but also get some miles in to start the year off right.

Eric Roth brought out his new Scott CR1 Pro (beautiful matte black bike) that he got at Sellwood Cycle Repair last month, and so I knew I was in for a long day. It was good to see the new bike getting some use and it was helpful for me to use that as an excuse when he left me in the dust, or as I like to call it "sweep" position... You know because I had the tail lights on the back of my bike so that made sense for me to be the safe one of the group. It wasn't that I gained a few pounds after the christmas holiday or anything.

The good news was that I looked good because I had the new jersey on complete with the arm warmers thanks to Therapeutic Associates! This is the first ride were all of us had jerseys and it was great to see what we had thought through for the last 6 months become reality on the road I'm kicking myself now because I didn't get a picture of us all. It's unlikely that we're gonna get a day like that where we could go without rain jackets or anything on top of the jerseys.

We used the Rubber to the road Twin Peaks ride which covered Rocky Butte and Mount Tabor peaks.

The route we took was to take the Springwater to the Esplanade and then Tillamook to Rocky Butte. We covered 26 miles in just over 2 hours in the afternoon ride with good hill climbing. I was sucking wind on both the big hill climbs, so if you're thinking about coming out to ride with us you really should cuz it would make me feel better about myself

No comments:

Post a Comment